suPAR’s powerful prognostic value has been exemplified over the last 10 years in more than 130 publications on various disease conditions including SIRS/sepsis, HIV, TB, cancer, malaria and meningitis. Past research strongly corroborates that high suPAR levels reflect increased inflammation and/or critical immune activation.Thus suPAR can be used to triage patient samples, measure treatment response and further document reached endpoints. suPAR's high stability and uniform kinetics make it a reliable clinical biomarker – it beats other markers used for similar purposes.
suPARnostic® is a top-line product line for measurement of suPAR in human plasma, serum, urine and other sample types. Since its commercial introduction in 2008, suPARnostic® has been used and adopted by medical doctors and researchers in Europe, Asia and Africa working in a variety of diseases including SIRS, TB and HIV, inflammation CV conditions, etc.
suPARnostic® Broadens Your Research Project:
- Valuable information about progression of several infectious diseases (e.g. sepsis/SIRS, meningitis, TB, HIV, malaria) and cancer
- Monitoring tool for treatment response
- Tool for stratification of study populations for homogenous background, confirmation of endpoints
- Reliable risk status marker predicting mortality risk, stronger than SAPSII and SOFA score
- Status markerof the immune system and immune activation
- Reproducible and increased prognostic value compared to other known markers
For more information about suPAR Research, please read here: